For the past 5 years, I have been involved with BAIA, Business Association Italy America. I am currently a member of the board and have been its Executive Director in 2009 and 2010. BAIA is a nonprofit association of professionals, entrepreneurs, students and business people who operate between Italy and the USA.
I am often asked “how is BAIA doing?”. The nonprofit just celebrated its 5th anniversary, so I took a step back and took a moment to look at what we have done lately. By all accounts, BAIA is going strong:
- BAIA has produced more than 75 content-rich events, both in Italy and the USA, featuring speakers of exceptional caliber such as Bill Draper, Federico Faggin, Alberto Sangiovanni Vincentelli, Vivek Wadhwa, Joanna Rees and many others.
- In 2010 alone BAIA produced 19 events (!) and so far in 2011 we are already at 10.
- The BAIA member community has reached 1300+ members.
- Subscribers to BAIA’s newsletter are just shy of 5000.
- In July 2011 BAIA launched BAIAbase, the first ever open and editable database of companies operating between Italy and the USA.